- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gather Your Ingredients: Make sure you have all the ingredients ready before you start.
- Combine Water and Sugar: In a small saucepan, combine the water and granulated sugar. Place it over medium heat and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. This will create a simple syrup base for your pumpkin spice syrup.
- Add Pumpkin Puree: Stir in the pumpkin puree, ensuring it is well incorporated into the simple syrup.
- Add Pumpkin Pie Spice: Sprinkle the pumpkin pie spice into the mixture and stir thoroughly. This will infuse your syrup with that classic pumpkin spice flavor.
- Simmer and Stir: Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 5-7 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent the mixture from sticking to the pan.
- Remove from Heat: Once your pumpkin spice syrup has simmered and thickened slightly, remove it from the heat.
- Add Vanilla Extract: Stir in the vanilla extract. This will enhance the flavor and aroma of your syrup.
- Strain and Cool: If you prefer a smoother syrup, strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth to remove any pumpkin solids. Allow the syrup to cool to room temperature.
- Store Your Syrup: Transfer your homemade pumpkin spice syrup to a clean, airtight container. You can store it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
To Make Pumpkin Spice Coffee:
- Freshly brewed coffee
- Milk or cream (optional)
- Pumpkin spice syrup
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- Brew Your Coffee: Brew a strong cup of your favorite coffee using your preferred method.
- Add Pumpkin Spice Syrup: Pour the desired amount of homemade pumpkin spice syrup into your coffee cup. Start with about 1-2 tablespoons and adjust to taste.
- Add Milk or Cream (Optional): If you like your coffee creamy, add a splash of milk or cream and stir well.
- Top with Whipped Cream (Optional): For an extra indulgent treat, top your pumpkin spice coffee with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Garnish (Optional): Sprinkle a pinch of ground cinnamon or nutmeg on top of the whipped cream for a decorative touch.
- Enjoy: Sip and savor your homemade pumpkin spice coffee, reveling in the delightful flavors of autumn!
Now you can enjoy your own homemade pumpkin spice coffee with the delicious syrup you've created. Adjust the sweetness and spice levels to suit your taste preferences.